Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'll Take You to the Candy Shop...


Every once in a while, I get an idea in my head that I am SO excited to do. This design totally hit me yesterday at work, and I couldn't wait to get home to try it. I know that candy button nails have been done before, but the buttons are usually just two-dimensional dots, at least in the versions I've seen. I had the idea (from my The Real Dill pickle nails) to take those plastic half-pearl nail art gems and paint them. For this design, I painted them before I placed them on the nail—I wanted them to look like actual candy buttons, and not like they were part of the base color/design. I painted them in the blue, yellow, and pink, then used matte to give them that crunchy candy button look. :) I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of them, seems like you get more paper than sugar. I know some people love them- I mean, Katy Perry even wore a dress and shoes inspired by them! (I LOVE those shoes, I think I need to try my hand at making a pair!)

Now, I'll admit, I'm generally not one to affix things to my nails, the texture drives me so nuts that I end up picking it off. That said, I did manage to muster the willpower to make these last an entire day before I started in on them. :-D

Finally, candy buttons that don't make my teeth hurt. :-P



The gems after they had been painted.
I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On as a base, with Zoya Lolly for the pink, Lakmé Fast & Fabulous Aqua Blast (an Indian brand) for the blue, and China Glaze Happy Go Lucky for the yellow. To mattify the blue and yellow, I used Essie Matte About You.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch... 

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment