Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Indian Flag Nail Art Tutorial!


You may know that I've been living in India for the past 9 months, and today is India's Independence Day! I could hardly do this Flags of the World tour and not include my current home, right? I figured that today of all days would be the perfect day to post it, too.

There's more to India than curry, saris, and Hinduism. I'll be the first to admit that this country is sometimes maddening, but to balance out the madness are some of the most kind, generous, and generally selfless people I've ever met.



In addition to my Indian flag, nail art tutorial, I wore a saree/sari to work yesterday! (We didn't have work today) I felt awkward and exposed all day, and have a whole new respect for the Indian women that choose to wear saris on a regular basis. I rewarded myself with wearing jeans today. :D My friend Sheba was an absolute godsend, since there was no way I could wrap this thing alone- every time I tried, it looked like a giant slate blue diaper.


At the beginning of the day- Jasmine flowers in my hair, bindi on, all put together. :D



My friend Diana fussing over my pleats to make sure they looked right :D


My friend Sheba fussing over my pleats at the end of the day before having pic taken again. Stupid things kept coming untucked.


The back view. I love the pallu (the hanging piece) of this sari- all gold and copper metallic threads. so pretty!


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment